First thing first
I’m the realest <– so how many of us hate that song now?
Anyway, first thing first I would like to thank StyleBreakdown for nominating me for The Liebster Award! I am honored by this and very happy– my first blog award nomination! As the kid who played background characters with names like “Hester” in high school plays and had positions like “designated runner” on the softball team, I think it’s pretty freakin’ cool when recognition rolls around my way. Why does that sound annoying? I just re-read that sentence and definitely threw some shade my way. Meta-shade. Oh well, it is what it is.
So the RULES for the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the blog that nominated you and link them.
2. Post eleven facts about yourself.
3. Answer the eleven questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create an eleven question set for the next group of nominees.
4. Choose eleven people to nominate and link them on the post.
5. Let your nominees know they’ve been tagged – and no tag backs!
11 Facts About Myself:
1. My two favorite artists are Frida Kahlo and Amy Winehouse (I know these aren’t the same kind of artist). I see a lot of myself in them and I think they are radiant human beings. I did two photo shoots in their honor here and there.
2. One time I saw a picture of a really cute baby pig in my biology textbook and proceeded to become a pescatarian for the next three days.
3. I am obsessed with Indian food. I like Indian food more than my own culture’s food. I want to go to India for food tourism.
4. When I was very young I forgot the English word for butter because I was so used to calling it mantequilla.
5. I like Mindy Kaling more than Beyonce.
6. I hate the name Christina (my name is Christine).
7. Yeah, I still get my right and left confused.
8. I’ve had a lisp since I could speak. It’s funny, because the speech teachers were like, “no worries, Baby Dinosaur’s Mom– her lisp will be gone by high school and alasth, here I am in college and I sthtill talk like I’m in sthecond grade.
9. Really, really, really old people make me cry. Straight up, when I think about really old people and how old they are I start crying a little bit. Not like an all-out cry, but there’s definitely some gentle weeping going on. I also think old people smell like ham.
10. I paint my nails LIKE A CHILD I am so bad at it.
11. My spirit animal is a baby dinosaur (thus the name of this blog).
11 Answer’s to StyleBreakdown’s Questions:
1. What is your favorite movie to watch on a girly evening with your friends?
Probably The Breakfast Club. I feel like somehow we always end up on that one.
2. Favorite pamper/relaxing product.
I don’t really have a specific product that I turn to for pampering, but I like getting into bed and putting on fuzzy socks when my feet are chilly. That feels SOOO good!! I also like gouda cheese a lot. That’s not really a pamper/relaxation product, but now feels like the right time to share that.
3. Do you watch YouTube beauty videos?
Nah, but I like watching Tina Fey and Mindy Kaling interviews. Also music videos where Bruno Mars dances so I can sigh about how dreamy I think he is.
4. Who is your celebrity style crush?
also Kendall/Kylie Jenner TBHHH….
5. What are the top three high end beauty products on your wish list right now?
tbh I’m just so unfamiliar with beauty products that I’m just incapable of answering this .
6. Which 3 celebs would you invite over for Christmas diner and why?
-Mindy Kaling because she is my favorite and like maybe if she thinks I’m cool and funny and cool and trendy and cool she’ll like let me write for or act on her show.
-Donald Glover/Childish Gambino because he is the one I want. to. wife. me.
-Zooey Deschanel because in general I think she is a pretty fly human being.
7. What is the one place you would love to visit if you were to win a all expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world?
Ever since I’ve seen my first image of Mykonos, Greece I have wanted to go there. It is the most aesthetically pleasing to me.
8. Do you have a color scheme for your Christmas tree (red&gold, silver&white etc.) or do you have Christmas decorations that have been in your family for years in all different colors but filed with memories?
See the thing is my family has moved around a lot, so every time we move all our ornaments get packed up into boxes and hard to dig out later. If we can’t find the old ornaments after a move, we’d go out and buy some new ones. We’ve really collected quite a bunch over the course of our many moves. So by now it’s kinda like we got this plethora ornaments all playing hide and seek in our basement and whichever ones we find first we use.
9. Favorite song right now?
Right now I’m really obsessed with this girl Sinead Harnett. I can’t just name one song by her, I’m still in the process of discovering her music and I’m just liking everything I find by her. I also really like her clothes in every video of her I find. Just a cool fly woman overall. I’ve got a bit of a girl crush on her.
10. Whom or what is your ultimate guilty pleasure?
Straight up singing the National Anthem or Al Green songs or Amy Winehouse songs alone in my parked car. Or practicing my singing impersonations. No joke. This sounds so creepy and crazy and bizarre I’m aware but I’ll just be driving and singing and by the time I arrive to my destination or whatever I’ll just like stay in my car and heinously belt for like an honest 15 minutes. I’m not even joking I’m just that odd. This is really personal information and I trust that the internet is a safe space (HA yeah right) so plz dnt judge.
OOOOHHH and LONG showers at 1am. I think if everyone took a long hot 1am shower we’d get to world peace in like 4 days. I should’ve just used this as my answer, but that sounds a little too overtly sensual, no?
11. If you had to live anywhere else in the world where would you like to live?
Either an apartment in Laguna Niguel California or maybe Puerto Rico. Either way I need a more tropical environment. I’m becoming increasingly aware about how I’m just built for a tropical environment, people tell me it’s genetics because my family is from the Caribbean and maybe that’s it but yooo I just need ocean and warmth. I like tropical weather. I like tropical food. I like tropical people. Also I used to be really brown and since moving to this chillier environment I’ve lost SOO much of my color and I think my new paleness makes me look a little ill.
People I nominate:
1. Priyanka: A Space to Convene
2. Gaby: Dum Spiro Spero
3. Mariah: My Beloved
4. Berta: Miss Pompari
5. Brittany: The Broke Black Chick
6. Laney: Downtown Romantic
7. Amy: Vintage Reflection
8. Christian: Chrissy Joy Style
9. Eda: Luxe & Linen
10. Andrea: Ms. Lunatic
11. Fashion For Lunch
My 11 Questions for the bloggers I nominated:
1. How do you feel about gerbils? I personally, am conflicted.
2. What would be some features of your childhood dream playground? (ex: for me I would like very long swirly slides with some steep parts and a large climbing net)
3. Some people have a drink of choice, do you have a cheese of choice?
4. Who was the first person you had a crush on and then looked back at later and asked yourself, “wait, what? Why? Why was I attracted to that person again? How did that happen? I mean, they’re not ugly, but what?” You are allowed to use codenames, but you must describe the experience otherwise I will take away some of your style points. (this isn’t a real punishment, but I want to hear funny stories)
5. What’s your social security number? What’s your credit card number? Passport identification number? Don’t answer any of these questions. What concert would you steal candy from a baby from in order to win tickets to? (<— answer that question.)
6. When was the last time you said something about yourself that was kind of a stretch but not really a lie but it was definitely a stretch in order to make yourself seem cooler/more hip/trendier to a peer? What did you claim? Do feel comfortable answering this question? If not, you are allowed to omit.
7. Have you ever asked yourself, “Am I what the youth call, ‘basic’?”
8. How does the smell of Play-doh make you feel?
9. Is there a particular fashion statement you refuse to make? For example, I refuse to wear harem pants with boots.
10. Alright. Name the last song you honestly cried to. Maybe the song made you cry, maybe you were chopping onions and the song came on, maybe your life is a movie and when you cry a crying-appropriate tune comes on. What song was it?
11. Have you ever underwent an experience or ate a certain food (for me, it was red velvet pancakes) that made you feel like you had reached or come closer to reaching enlightenment?
Hey, nominees! Remember to refer to the Liebster Award Rules posted above for your next steps!